When you are faced with a criminal charge that can potentially result in jail time, it can understandably get very overwhelming at once. The implications of a criminal charge being permanently on one’s record alone can have serious consequences that can affect a lot of aspects of an individual’s entire life.
Your only saving grace in this situation is to make sure that you get the best possible criminal lawyer for your case because at the end of the day, your lawyer will be the one representing you to the judge and jury, which can really affect court proceedings in your favor.
- First of all, it is important to keep in mind that a lawyer that may have worked for someone else might not necessarily work for you. So, listen to word of mouth, but don’t let it be the deciding factor for choosing your lawyer because if you don’t feel comfortable with them, then there is no point in choosing them as your lawyer.
- Most attorneys offer an initial free consultation. You can use this opportunity to talk to them and ask them questions regarding themselves and even your case to assess whether or not you are comfortable with them.
- Find out whether they specialize solely in criminal law or if their specialty is elsewhere. We recommend choosing someone whose practice is entirely around criminal law.
- Next, find out about how much experience they have working with criminal cases and especially ones that might be of a similar nature to your own. You can also find out about their success rate in court as well for an even better idea.
- You want to be able to make sure that you can actually afford your lawyer.
Phillips and Associates can be a great place to start looking, in fact you can check their Twitter page for more information and contact details.