PTFE, also known as polytetrafluoroethylene, is a synthetic chemical compound that slowly begun to gain popularity because of its diverse qualities and features that makes it easy to use and incorporate in the form of sealants, protective wears and coverings throughout multiple sectors. If you are still unfamiliar with PTFE, and how it present around you in multiple forms, then you can read through the following PTFE coating application examples and instances of use that we have listen down below.
- PTFE is widely present in different forms in our home. The most common form that PTFE takes in our domestic life is in the form of non-stick pots and pans in our kitchens. You can also find PTFE to be used as tools for stain resistance in various fabrics and carpet as well.
- PTFE is used to coat the inside and even the outside areas pipes that carry hot materials or corrosive and dangerous chemicals because its durability.
- It is also used in the field of medicine, and actually constitutes in the making of actual body parts since its inert nature makes it more likely to be accepted than rejected by the body.
- PTFE is also found in lubricants as well.
- You can find its presence in other common objects like hair styling tools, nail polish, and wiper blades as well.
- It is also widely used in the industrial sector during different steps of manufacturing and processing.
This is just some of the few examples of PTFE usage, and like the examples above have made it clear, it is obvious that PTFE is a very versatile material that can be used in different ways throughout different sectors very safely with little to no risk. Plus, PTFE is not that difficult to manufacture, so that is another less problem to deal with.